EVO Visian ICL™
What is EVO Visian ICL?
ICL is also sometimes called an “implantable contact lens”, but it is not an actual contact lens. Disposable contact lenses can be inconvenient or uncomfortable, but the ICL is undetectable once in place and requires no maintenance (although yearly eye exams are always important!) This highly advanced lens is made of biocompatible materials and is placed in the eye by one of our experienced ICL surgeons.
Benefits of Vision Correction with EVO Visian ICL
- Improved Vision: ICL is proven to provide sharp, clear vision so you can reduce or eliminate glasses or contact lenses from your life.1,2
- LASIK Alternative: Patients who are not candidates for laser vision correction procedures because of thin or irregular corneas may be candidates for ICL.3
- Convenient: The ICL offers UV protection and is not visible once in place. It is designed to be permanent, but can be removed by your doctor.
- Treats High Prescriptions: Some vision correction surgeries can only treat moderate levels of myopia, but ICL can treat high levels of nearsightedness with or without astigmatism.
- Quick Recovery: Patients typically report immediate results and a quick recovery period.
- No Dry Eye: Patients who are concerned about dry eye side effects can rest assured that studies show ICL does not cause dry eye syndrome.4
Before Your EVO Visian ICL Procedure
The first step toward visual freedom is a free consultation at our office. Our team will review your options, explain our advanced technology, and give you the opportunity to ask questions. If you and your eye doctor decide that ICL is right for you, we will give you detailed pre-surgical instructions.
During Your EVO Visian ICL Procedure
At the beginning of your procedure, your eyes will be numbed with anesthetic eye drops. Your surgeon will make a very small incision in the front of the eye in order to place the ICL. The EVO ICL is a small, flexible lens and it will be placed behind your eye’s iris (the colored part of the eye) and in front of your eye’s natural lens. The actual procedure typically takes less than 30 minutes.
Recovery and Results After Your EVO Visian ICL Procedure
You will need a friend or family member to drive you home after surgery. Recovery after EVO Visian ICL is usually quick and patients report an immediate improvement in vision Every patient is different, but many of our ICL patients resume day-to-day activities 24 hours after their procedure. We will give you detailed post-procedure guidelines and schedule a follow-up appointment to check on your healing.